Emergency Basic First Aid
This is a basic one-day course required by WSIB regulation for workplaces with fewer than 5 workers. It is also appropriate for work crews of fewer than 5 in the service or construction industries.
Certification lasts for three years.
Course Length: 1 day
Topics include compulsory modules:
- Roles and responsibilities
- Responsive and unresponsive casualties
- Adult resuscitation including CPR and AED
- Wounds, dressings and bandages
- Burns and medical conditions (diabetes, seizures, asthma and anaphylactic shock)
Standard First Aid
SFA Training is a more advanced course required by WSIB regulations in workplaces with more than 5 workers. It is appropriate for all workplaces in Ontario that require first aid coverage while work is in progress. Certification last for three years and can be renewed once for a further three years by taking a one-day course.
Course Length: 2 days
Topics include modules appropriate to the workplace:
All the topics included in the Emergency course (listed above) plus
- Secondary survey
- Injuries to the limbs, chest, abdomen
- Multiple casualty situations
- Poisons, bites, stings, heat and cold injuries
- Eye injuries
- Rescue carries
- 2-rescuer CPR
- By request – child and infant CPR
In addition to the above, H.E.L.P. Safety Services also provides Standard First Aid Re-Certification. This is a one day course that extends the Standard certification for a second three-year period.
Successful learners will be issued a wallet card and employers will be provided a Record of Training listing the course and the participants who were successfully certified.