Working at heights training in Ontario is mandatory for workers on construction projects that use any of the following methods of fall protection:
- travel restraint systems
- fall restricting systems
- fall arrest systems
- safety nets
- work belts or safety belts
Protect your employees and your company with a Ministry of Labour approved working at heights training program.
This course will arm your people with the knowledge needed about fall hazards and safe working practices to apply when working at heights. The course is comprised of 11 Theoretical (6) and Practical (5) learning modules and is intended to provide advanced, in-depth understanding of working at heights hazards while incorporating a hands-on application of the different fall protection systems and system components. The program includes direct learning approaches, case studies for group and individual review, module review quizzes to ensure understanding and highlight key deliverables and also includes hands-on components.
Course Length: 1 Day
Max. # of Participants: 12
Upon successful completion of the program, participants will be knowledgeable and demonstrate proficiency in:
- Rights & responsibilities of Workplace Parties
- Identification of the Hazards of Working at Heights
- Eliminating or Controlling the Hazards
- Ladders & Similar Equipment
- Warning Methods and Physical Barriers
- Personal Fall Protection Equipment (intro)
- Barriers & Other Fixed Equipment
- Personal Fall Protection Equipment
- Anchor Points
- Work Access Equipment & Platforms
- Rescue Planning
Successful learners will be issued a record of completion and will receive accreditation from the Ministry of Labour. Additionally, employers will be provided a Record of Training listing the course and the participants who were successfully certified.