New Health & Safety Training Requirements
The new Workplace Safety Training Requirement has taken effect March 1 2016.
CONTACT US To book your training!
The Chief Prevention Officer of the Ministry of Labour has announced that the new joint health and safety committee training standards will increase participants’ jhsc training requirement from 3 to 5 days.
Here are some highlights of the new safety committee training requirements:
- Class sizes will require a minimum of 6 participants and maximum of 25
- Part 1 will be spread across 3 days (minimum 19.5 hrs.)
- Part 2 will be for 2 days (minimum 13 hrs.) and must cover at least 6 relevant hazard topics. This is applicable to every workplace regardless of industry
- Every 3 years following safety committee training, one day of Refresher training will be required
- Part 1, Part 2 and Refresher training must be delivered only by approved providers such as H.E.L.P. Safety Services.
Delivery Method For Workplace Safety Training Has Changed
The new jhsc training standard will require face-to-face learning for all certification training programs. Online programs will no longer be acceptable unless they include a face-to-face component.
Exemption from Refresher Training
Anyone that has been certified under the current health and safety training standards prior to March 1, 2016 will not be required to take Refresher training. In order to qualify for full exemption, you must have completed both Part 1 and Part 2 prior to March 1, 2016.
What We Can Do For You
We can help you to become or continue to ensure you are compliant. Book your workplace safety training for thorough and complete training that meets current requirements.
We will be pleased to answer any questions about joint health and safety committee training as you transition to the new training standards.
Please contact us with questions or to book your health and safety training.